The Cycling Begins!: Limburg to Worth am Main - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 13, 2015

The Cycling Begins!: Limburg to Worth am Main

Mary Ellen at the train station in Limburg. We enjoyed riding with Cora from her house to Limburg - a 25 km ride....and then we took the train to Frankfurt - she and her family will spend some time at the amazing German outdoor shop, Globetrotter and we will take the train on to the start of our route.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our bike, trailer and panniers are on the regional train to Frankfurt. Late mornings and midday are typically quiet times to take your bike on a regional train in Germany. We try not to travel at commuting times as space can be limited.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bike is tuned up and ready to go. We have been able to cut down some of the weight on the bike, but it still feels heavy to us. We remember though, that after a week on the bike, we will become accustomed to the load.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Georg had been working in northern Germany and we were lucky to cross paths at Frankfurt station. We envy his minimalist style of riding on "Gladys" his trusty Brompton.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The always busy and interesting Frankfurt train station.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Clara, Cora and Georg saw us off.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At Aschaffensburg, we disembarked from the regional train, ready to ride a few days along the Main River. But first we had to carry our bike up the stairs. This felt harder today as the temperature was at this point nearly 40 degrees celcius.
Heart 0 Comment 0
What a beautiful spot along the Main River to begin our ride. It feels good to be following a river again in Europe.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our first camping spot at Worth am Main, right along the river with great views of the vineyards and the many working boats and river cruise boats that pass us by.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 55 km (34 miles)
Total: 119 km (74 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0