Heavy Rain,Thunder and Lightning- We decide to stay another day on the farm - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

October 7, 2015

Heavy Rain,Thunder and Lightning- We decide to stay another day on the farm

We woke up to a miserable morning! Actually it was the thunder that woke us up. Over breakfast we decided to stay another day on the farm.
Below are some photos of the delightful and busy farm where we are staying.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
We are storing our bike and trailer in the dining room, where we also eat breakfast. It is a charming room decorated with historic cooking and agricultural tools from the family.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Everything is free range here - and this turkey is enjoying a walkabout on the farm.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The entrance to the barn. This is truly a family enterprise - the sons and their families stay and work the farm as well as their parents. The entry to the barn looks ordinary - but when you go in, you feel like you have stepped in to a scene from Charlotte's Web or the film Babe. So many different kinds of animals co-exisiting and amazing produce in the garden.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cows, horses, chickens, turkeys, rabbits, pigs, cats....a wonderful farm. But, how do we fit one of these 3 wheeled mini trucks in our luggage to take home?
Heart 0 Comment 0
A great face - curious and friendly too.
Heart 1 Comment 0
There were several pens with piglets.They were so excited to see us that they are a blur in the photo as they are rushing to visit with us.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A younger family, focussed on mom and not us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
There are many cats on the farm - they have a purpose but are well loved and very friendly.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We're not sure whose food the cat is eating - perhaps it is meant for the bunnies?
Heart 0 Comment 0
A proud and handsome rooster surveying his flock.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Geese, ducks, chickens - they were very vocal and excited by Barry's visit.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our bedroom at Fontana della Pere had a great view of the farm and the Umbrian hills in the distance. We have so loved staying at Agriturismos and we are hoping to return here someday and plan our route so that we can stay only on farms like this. We meet incredible people and they welcome us like we are one of the family. Highly recommended and good value.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This collage sums up one of the reasons we love Agriturismos so much. We love animals and we had a lot of fun here.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0