From Camping in a Vineyard to a Hotel in Verona - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

September 9, 2015

From Camping in a Vineyard to a Hotel in Verona

We loved camping at Agriturismo Revena.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Agriturismo Revera camping is set on a working farm and we respect the hard work that is their daily life. We were happy to hear that this year's harvest is a good one, unlike last year.
Heart 1 Comment 0
@
Mara and her husband were very hospitable in welcoming us to their home at Revera Agriturismo....and we can vouch for the quality of their wine.
Heart 0 Comment 0
As well as wine, we enjoyed grapes, tomatoes, peppers, figs etc. from their farm while we stayed here.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltHa - funny picture of Barry reaching for the grapes! :)
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
The Adige (Etsch) route in the sub Tyrol region is exceptional. We are getting spoiled with the paved dedicated paths and the outstanding scenery.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We have been riding downhill since the Alps or on flat terrain. It was a shock to us that we had to climb for the next 10 km. There were 4 significant climbs which were not easy, but gave us incredible views over the Adige valley.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The steepness of these climbs are best attacked with Barry riding solo up these hills.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another 10% climb with switchbacks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
But look at the first of the views that we get to enjoy.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The viewpoint gave us a place to make lunch. We had a visit with a group from Hamburg and they didn't even attempt to ride - they walked up.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
A beautiful place for lunch.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Barry must climb another hill on the bike while I get to walk.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At the top of the hills is a village where the people we met were going for lunch. The rustic beauty of this home appealled to us.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This fortification looked so far away when we started out this morning, but here we are, almost at the top.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The route finally is going down and we get to share it with cattle.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Someone at this house must have gotten tired of cyclists going down their driveway and created this homemade sign to show us the way.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Groves of olive trees are a big agricultural crop here.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We have finally made it to the top and the view is outstanding. But ironically you have to climb a rocky uphill path to see it.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We were intrigued by the engineering feat of the canal and bike path that are suspended very high in the air over the canyon.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Italian gelato
Heart 1 Comment 0
Cappuchino and Americano with ice cream
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Approaching Verona, we stopped to watch the superb athletic skills of football. There were several fields together along the trail.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Walking around Verona's old town, we noticed a huge queue at the Arena. When we asked about it, we were told that it was a free show. We were able to get tickets and joined 1000's of people in this ancient Arena (similar to the Colliseum in Rome) to see the grand finale show of the Italian version of American Idol. It was a fun and surreal experience.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
We stayed for about an hour - but we had a good time.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 45 km (28 miles)
Total: 1,083 km (673 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0