Camp Forelle - stayed an extra day for a rain filled rest day - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 16, 2015

Camp Forelle - stayed an extra day for a rain filled rest day

We found the quiet campground Camp Forelle easily along the route from Wertheim. The weather felt fine but the humidity (and the Wetter app) told us that this would soon change. Heavy rain through the night and continuous showers and rains the next day gave us push to take a rest day here. There are no facilities here to take shelter, but we like the quiet, pretty ambience , so we will stay put and read in the tent.

What to do on a rainy day at camp - some people read or play games - Barry amuses himself with instructional messages in the bathroom.However, it is useful information. It made us laugh and remember the movie Paddington. The bear could have used instruction on the proper use of a toothbrush.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Camp Forelle, just a few km out of Wertheim. The weather is nice now - but that will soon change.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dinner at camp the first night - couldn't be better as we have "like new" ground chairs, new and improved trangia stove and pasta with mushrooms for dinner.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Yummy
Heart 0 Comment 0
Oh yes, and parmesan too.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
We tried a local beer at the Gasthaus by the camp.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0