A Day Trip to Frankfurt - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

October 23, 2015

A Day Trip to Frankfurt

Frankfurt is easily accessible by train from where we are staying with our friends. Cora, Barry and Mary Ellen decided to go in for the day to visit the Staedel Gallery and the outdoor store, Globetrotter.

The art museum in Frankfurt is definitely worth a visit.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sandro Botticelli's Idealized Portrait of a Lady (ca 1480)
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Paul Klee's The Lamb (1920)
Heart 0 Comment 0
Pablo Picaso - Portrait of Fernande Olivier is considered a key work of Analytical Cubism - geometric forms broad brushstrokes in patches of colour resulting in a merging of landcape and the figure.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
This famous portrait of Goethe has often been interpreted by many different artists and in a variety of styles, from cartoon to pop art. There is still no explanation why Goethe has two left feet.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The lower floor is devoted to modern art, most of which was very interesting and thought provoking. However, we're not too sure about the artistic significance of this "all black" painting. The artist is renowned for his collection of black paintings.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The art museum was amazing!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Crossing the Main River on a car free pedestrian/cyclist bridge.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Main River flows through Frankfurt.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A fitness break for a school group
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We first got to see this green walking man, the beloved Ampelemann in Berlin on traffic lights. When you see this green figure illuminated, you can cross the street. Ampelmann was created by a physchologist in East Berlin in 1961 as a way of decreasing the number of pedestrian accidents at crosswalks. After reunification, the local authorities in Berlin were going to remove his image - but he was saved from "extinction" by the passionate advocacy of the locals.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Frankfurt's old town. We are getting to know Frankfurt and its combination of the old and the new. Despite its size, it is easy to navigate on foot.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Mary Ellen and Cora in the travel book section in the Globetrotter store in Frankfurt.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0