A Beautiful Day of Cycling, Roscalfor to Breitbach: Camping at another Agritourism - Italy Bound with our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

September 8, 2015

A Beautiful Day of Cycling, Roscalfor to Breitbach: Camping at another Agritourism

We have had trouble finding campgrounds between Trento and Verona, but Barry found an AgriTourism B&B that also has campsites, Revena B&B at Breithbach. We sent them an email that we would be arriving in the afternoon and they said no problem - lots of room for tents. It was over 70 km but we wanted to be able to camp after having stayed in a guesthouse last night.
The ride today was outstanding. We are slowly moving out of apple country and into a grape growing region. It was amazing to ride through vineyards with the smell of ripe grapes all around us. The vines grow right up to the side of the trail and it is very tempting to reach out and sample these luscious ripe green and purple grapes.
Trento was very beautiful. It was easy to navigate to the historic town centre and we felt transported back in time. Soon however, we were surrounded by Italians on a tour, all of whom wanted to talk to us and take their picture with us and our "special" bike. Hard to believe we are basically quiet, somewhat shy people at home.
It was particularly amusing when the large group posed for a photograph by the fountain, and then groups moved over to me and wanted pictures taken with me and the bike. One older couple told Barry to take a picture of me with them so that we would have the memory. It was a funny moment.
Pizza slices for a euro and we were back on the trail.
When we arrived at Revena Farm B&B we were very excited to be staying on a working farm in the middle of the vineyard with the Adige (Etsch) River and mountains surrounding us. We were tired after our 73 km ride and the host, Mara, offered us some of their wine. We thought she would give us a glass to taste, but rather, she gave us a bottle, carafe for aerating the wine and glasses. Plus she gave us sparkling water and any produce we wanted from their farm. We were given the pretty grassy area by the pool for camping, complete with covered eating area, lounge chairs, etc. This is the best camping we have had in Italy, and all for 20 euros.
We feasted on tomatoes, cucumbers, figs, grapes, etc while staying here. It is tempting to stay longer in this wonderfully hospitable place, but Verona is waiting for us and we would like to move on to explore the city for the next few days.

Val d'Adige Agritourism B&B in Roscalfor just outside of Trento is situated on their apple farm.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Trento historic town centre has a faded elegance with the frescos still visible on the buildings and a glimpse of the multi coloured tile roof on the church.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Walking in to Trento on the cobbled streets.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltYum - those figs look delicious!
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltWow, that's a TON of grapes!
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltWhat a neat cycling art sculpture!
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Revena is a working farm and vineyard with tourist accomodation on the right.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 73 km (45 miles)
Total: 1,038 km (645 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0