This is what a rest day looks like on the Mediterranean - A Grand 3 Month European Tour on an E-Tandem - CycleBlaze

May 29, 2018

This is what a rest day looks like on the Mediterranean

We have had a few times on this trip when we have stayed in the same place for 2 nights, but never just to relax and recharge.  Often, when we have a day off the bike, we are busier than when we are riding as we take care of jobs and walk for hours, sightseeing.

After having ridden along the Mediterranean for several days, we woke up this morning and looked around at the beautiful seaside village where we are staying. There is a magnificent beach, few tourists and we were given an upgrade to a huge corner room when we checked in, so as Barry likes to say, “it’s not rocket science”. We are staying. 

 I imagine that the  biggest effort of the day will be squeezing into our bathing suits for a visit to the sea and to the pool where we are staying.

Next on this arduous list will be: reading our books,  doing some internet research on the route ahead and  Barcelona, plus booking our ferry to Italy. The big question is, will we go to Sardinia as planned or to Genoa? We are considering Genoa as we don’t want our time in Italy to be rushed with the month we have left. Going to Sardinia is tempting as we would love to tour there. But we would lose more days with ferries and the most time we could spend on Sardinia would be a week.  We’ll see.

The first job of the day was to go to the beach. We love the empty beach since it is off season. Lovely
Heart 0 Comment 0
And then, we went for a refreshing dip in the pool. Barry has made a friend.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our first taste of Catalon food - onion tarte with tomatoes, cheese and anchovies.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0