Our grand tour has come full circle - A Grand 3 Month European Tour on an E-Tandem - CycleBlaze

July 6, 2018

Our grand tour has come full circle

One more day of trains - we are back on the farm

We are midway on the train portion of our return journey to where we began our tour, our friends' farm in Hessen.  We prefer to plan our cycle trips as a circle so that we can accomplish our goal by  riding our bike.  Treutchlingen is a convenient train hub for our connections, which is why we are getting to know this small, out of the way, town.

Altmuhl Hotel offered us more than we expected - a fully outfitted kitchen, a massive bedroom with a bump out sitting area (the gold coloured area on the left) and an excellent hot, made to order breakfast.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our hostess and her mother, originally from Greece, are a welcoming presence at the hotel. Thanks for the complimentary wine in the room and the great breakfast.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our room at the Altmuhl is immense - thank goodness the TV is also large as it is at the other end. The hospitality we experienced here made our stay special.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our suite came with this bonus seating area with complimentary wine, bottled water and snacks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Yeah, our first train of the day from Treutchlingen to Frankfurt is very quiet which gives Seavo lots of room.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We are back in Limburg on the Lahn - 2 trains today and now a ride to the farm.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cora met us in Limburg - so good to see her. And this is what 3 months of no haircut and wearing a helmet everyday looks like.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Barry annually visits Angelo for a beard trim - but this year we both visited his shop for much needed haircuts. Georg just arrived as well from his day of working in Bonn. We will ride back to the farm together.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are very grateful to Angelo and the stylist who cut Mary Ellen's hair. See you next year!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Riding home with Georg and Cora through the beautiful farm country of Hessen. It is good to be back in this familiar region.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We have been riding and staying with the Reitz family for over 4 years - where has the time gone. We are so lucky to have made such good friends on our travels.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We have truly come full circle....when we left in April, the fields were newly planted.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 25 km (16 miles)
Total: 3,511 km (2,180 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0