A rest day in Udine - A Grand 3 Month European Tour on an E-Tandem - CycleBlaze

June 25, 2018

A rest day in Udine

We found a true bargain on booking.com  for Udine. The  4 star Best Western Continental was sharply reduced, offers a deluxe breakfast buffet and best of all our room has a balcony with a great view of the mountains. 

Mary Ellen is not recovering well...her cough is worsening and she needs rest. We asked the manager if we could stay an extra night and due to the situation, he offered us the original price for 2nd night. We really appreciated that as we would have had to pay 20 euros more, and might have moved on otherwise.

Today will be about relaxing, Barry will take Seavo to get our brake pads checked at a bike shop nearby and then we plan to go for a quick ride to  explore and have some lunch. 

We found a great Italian cafe, Mase, on a side street and it was full of regulars. These massive jars of olives, artichokes, etc looked so tempting - but they would add too much weight to the load on our bike!
Heart 0 Comment 0
We both had the pasta of the day - farfalle with a Sicilian sauce, fresh mozzarella and Parmesan. Yummy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We can see that Mase is a beloved local cafe with great food, coffee and pastries.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Of course, we had to finish our time in town with homemade ice cream from a Gelateria.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We needed an adjustment to the BB7 brake pads that were installed this morning, so we rode back to the bike shop. We loved this racing bike for a child.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Barry chose well going to this bike shop - a good place.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A close up of the view from our room in Udine.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another look at the view we have enjoyed.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We have watched the nightly storm and now it is clearing.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 22 km (14 miles)
Total: 3,057 km (1,898 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0