to Trang: a long day - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

November 18, 2006

to Trang: a long day

This was a long day; it was hot and eventually we end up in Trang. 

The best part of the day is just before Trang, Patrick bought a small watermelon for us to enjoy once we are in our hotel. Our room has a little balcony overlooking the backs of buildings and a rooftop. We slice it up and spit the seeds through the lattice onto the roof. Rachel has a small bottle of salt, so it tastes so good and provides the much needed salt replacement. We had figured it was the lack of salt that had affected our appetites in Indonesia.

The ride is a good ride. We take turns leading, there is just enough hills to start building our strength. The scenery is beautiful. We stopped along the way for a sports drink, ate bananas, and popsicles, and cycle in our own lane for motorcycles and bicycles into town.

Patrick navigates through town aiming for the clock tower and to the hotel. We found the tourist information center to see if there is a ferry to Lanta Island and was assured there is one. As we walked to the supermarket we went through the street where the vendors are starting to set up for the night market. Then back to the hotel. It was interesting that as we walked around the city, no one said "Hey Mister, transport?"

Later for dinner we walk toward the railroad station to Cafe Wunderbar, recommended in the LP. When we return to the hotel, Rachel has a foot massage for 150 Baht. This is quite the process. First the feet are soaked in warm to hot water, then washing them. The feet are placed on a small bench that is covered with two towels. After one foot was done, the lady massaged her calf to the knee, then placed baby powder and wrapped the foot in a towel, repeating the process on the right foot.

It was a perfect end to a day.

first pic of day
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
last pic
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 112 km (70 miles)
Total: 1,632 km (1,013 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0