To Seeley Lake: Rachel's birthday, Last day on the Cassier - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

August 22, 2007

To Seeley Lake: Rachel's birthday, Last day on the Cassier

Last day on the Cassier Highway. 

We say goodbye to Scotty and Bam Bam and head to Cranberry Junction which although marked on our map is nothing but an intersection with a dirt road. Traffic is heavier today and with the narrow road makes cycling less pleasant.

We make good time though and get to Kitwanga about 2pm. Earlier two motorcyclists actually turned around and followed us to tell us that they had breakfast with Rich this morning and that he recommends the free municipal campground across from the gas station in Kitwanga. Patrick interprets that to be the station at the junction with the Yellowhead Highway, but when we get there that proves to be wrong.

Instead of heading back up the hill 4km to the town, we decide to go on 30km to Seeley Lake, a provincial campground. First, we go see the totem pole collection and a pretty old church and bell tower along the river. With the additional kilometers it turns out to be a long day after all.

The traffic is heavier on the Yellowhead, but we have a decent shoulder to ride on. The campground is nice, we find a pretty site, next to a deck overlooking the nearby lake. 

For a birthday dinner, we fix noodles with one of the tuna steaks and baked beans.

They turned around to give us a message from Rich.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 118 km (73 miles)
Total: 13,092 km (8,130 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0