To Meziadin Provincial Park: camping under the shelter - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

August 18, 2007

To Meziadin Provincial Park: camping under the shelter

The rain didn't stop all night, nothing worse than packing up a wet tent in the rain. It did let up enough to get the bikes packed and we ride to the restaurant for breakfast. Noah & Simon are already there, taking a rest day today. We join them and have the breakfast buffet--granola, yogurt, fresh fruit, melon, croissants, bacon, eggs, pancake and coffee. Very filling and with great company and conversation, we are on the road later than usual for us --10am.

The highlight of today happens 40km away from the resort, we see a mama bear and 3 cubs cross the road in front of us at a "safe" distance until an RV came zipping by. 

Today is tough, a little bit of a headwind at first, Rachel is always thankful for the downhills that we get. One rest day was not enough for her to have strong recovery from the fatigue...though the hot tub helped with the sore muscles!!

The rain continues off and on, and clouds remain with no opportunity to dry the tent. Our last food stop we finish the smoked trout the Park Facility operator gave to us at Kinashan Lake. At 4:30pm we rolled into the Provincial Park as the rain starts again.

We are lucky! There is a picnic shelter!! And we claim it!!

We roll our bikes into the shelter; the tent is spread over the railing to dry. We fix coffee and soup then dinner. The lake is beautiful!! And Marvin the Park Facility Operator is very nice and friendly. He's going to let us use his computer for internet access for $5 for "however long". 

He also says the sky is clearing and a good time to go to Stewart.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
The campground owner lets us pitch our tent in the shelter
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 95 km (59 miles)
Total: 12,817 km (7,959 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0