To Kampong Chhang: better roads - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

January 4, 2007

To Kampong Chhang: better roads

At our first rest stop, we see the Dutch cyclists coming by through water buffalo crossing the road. They stop and sit at the table with us and we find out they did stay at a different hotel last night. We continue on ahead of them and will stay at the same guesthouse tonight. They tell us the 2 older Dutch cyclists that were on the boat with us were at their hotel last night. They took 2 days Battambang to Pursat.

The landscape changes more trees and shrubs and fewer rice fields. The traffic is the same...amazing how no matter how much stuff and how many people climb on the top of the stuff in the trucks and/or wagons.... there's always room for one more. 

Today is a hot ride. It feels like the humidity is up and today there are no clouds to shield us from the sun. Kompong Chhang seems deserted. We ride past a large walled garden, some official buildings and a prison to find the Sokha Guest House.

We are lucky, we have a ground floor room that opens right up to the courtyard. We roll the bikes in and enjoy some cold drinks and clean up. An hour or so later the Dutch people from Haaksbergen show up, and a little after that also the older Dutch couple from the boat. We walk to the market to buy milk for tomorrow morning and more drinking water.

In the evening we have dinner with the Dutch cyclists.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Dutch cyclists from Haaksbergen
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rachel's birdie is hanging in there...with the roads a bit better
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 95 km (59 miles)
Total: 3,615 km (2,245 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0