To Dong Ha: Road follows the Perfume river - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

February 10, 2007

To Dong Ha: Road follows the Perfume river

We return to the Mandarin Cafe for breakfast after checking out of the hotel. The elderly owner waved us goodbye.

The road follows the Perfume river by the citadel and is lined with flowers. The road is fairly straight and flat following the rail line. Still with rice paddies, one field had many workers some with hoes, push plows and in the distance a tractor and a water buffalo.

Through one town we stop to watch the market. There were wire baskets filled with little pigs. The woman selling the pigs would take the pig, stand on the scales then weigh herself without the pig to determine the weight of the pig.

We arrive in Dong Ha near 1130am and spend a bit of time checking out 3-4 hotels. We finally find a nice friendly place with hot water, TV and fridge. After cleaning up, we find the DMZ cafe and arrange a motorcycle tour of the DMZ for tomorrow. The owner then recommends a restaurant nearby and we have noodles and pork.

The afternoon we rest, take a walk to the river and then find an internet cafe to answer emails, Patrick researches visas in China and renewal of his architect license. For dinner we return to the same restaurant share noodles and pork and spring rolls.

We watch a movie in the evening.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rachel watching the market and pigs in the basket
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 71 km (44 miles)
Total: 5,382 km (3,342 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0