To Chain Lakes Provincial Park: the Cowboy Trail - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

September 13, 2007

To Chain Lakes Provincial Park: the Cowboy Trail

For one brief shining moment today, Rachel is in her big chainwheel and we are pedaling down the road at 40km; a tailwind and a "flat" downhill helped.

This morning the fog hid the mountains as we set off... there was rain or snow through the night. We eat a muffin and banana and set off. Later we stop to eat a trail mix bar, then realize maybe we can make breakfast in Longview. We leave the mountains behind and hit the edge of the prairie...and arrive in Longview at 10:30. We stop at "Heidi's" for "all day breakfast." Next door, we pickup up a bottle of Merlot for tonight and set off also picking up a bottle of Pepsi at the grocery at the edge of town.

Then another day of cycling for many kilometers and looking back to still see where you started off. First a big downhill to a ravine and up, following a fence row of a ranch where every post has a different type of baseball cap, and then looking back still seeing Longview. The road continues to roll, a short down and then up, past big ranches and fields with huge rolls of hay. The sun is hot, the wind cold. Finally arriving at Chain Lakes about 2:30pm.

We fix sandwiches for lunch, sip wine with peanuts and jack cheese with caraway. For dinner we go to the concession stand and share a "ranchers special" $13pp chicken, vegetables, salad, potatoes, iced tea and fruit salad dessert along with a Chocolate milkshake.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 92 km (57 miles)
Total: 14,506 km (9,008 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0