To Burns Lake: Telegraph road and Municipal Campground - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

August 25, 2007

To Burns Lake: Telegraph road and Municipal Campground

Nice to be camping under a roof! It rains some more overnight, and the morning is cold but clear. Best of all our tent is dry! We have our cereal and coffee and head out.

About 30km down the road is Topley with a cafe! 

We stop for our second breakfast and Patrick calls his Oma. We are the only customers in the cafe, the cook fixes us nice bacon, eggs, potatoes and pancakes. He has travelled in Indonesia, SE Asia and India. We have a strong tailwind today. The kilometers seem to fly by, to Patrick at least. 

We stop a couple of times to eat some more, made a final stop about 10km before Burns Lake to buy a coke at a gas station. Patrick tries to call a warmshowers host that he had email communication with a couple of months ago but cannot reach them.

We ride into town, stop at the visitor center where Patrick tries the WS host one more time, no luck. Our options for tonight are either the KOA for $20 or a couple of km out of town the free Municipal Campground. We choose the later. Patrick barely makes it to the campground as he's had a slow leak in his rear tire all day. Stopping to just keep adding more air at every stop, but now it decides to go flat.

After we quickly pitch our tent as dark clouds are still threatening, Patrick fixes the tube. We then walk into town to shop. All barbers seem to be closed on Saturday afternoon so still no haircut for Patrick. After a couple hours rest and reading, we walk back to a pub for a nice meal and some good beer.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 79 km (49 miles)
Total: 13,335 km (8,281 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0