Restday in Bogor: Keep on moving - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

October 2, 2006

Restday in Bogor: Keep on moving

As we settle into our room at Abu's Pensione, we are given cups of tea. Patrick explains that he had stayed here previously 13 years ago. There is a nice garden courtyard, an open living room, a level up there is a sitting area with tables and chairs and a level up from there the kitchen and dining area.

We sleep until about 9:00am then have a "good breakfast" (17000Rp), hard boiled egg, toast, pineapple jam, hot tea, and a couple slices of cheese. Stepping out into the chaos of the market, from the peaceful garden is always a shock. We make our way through the market looking for the Botanical gardens. We walk a ways then figure out we were not going in the direction we thought we were. We hop on a Bemo (shared taxi) to take us back to the market. A school girl says a #02 or #03 goes to the botanical garden.

We get off the Bemo and have a coke at an AW then catch another bus to the gardens. We find a post office to mail some souvenirs home. There is a packaging service like in Bali. A young man offers to find a box and has box cutters, paper and tape. Patrick gets the box packed and goes back to the counter, the man there helps wrap and tape the box and Patrick pays the boy for the box.

We do some shopping for apples and yogurt, then catch a bus back to the hotel. We still have no appetites though we know we need to eat if we are going to start cycling. Ramadan seems to be affecting our psyches.

Abu Pensione, Patrick stayed here 13 years ago on his RTW trip.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0