Rest Days in Nonthaburi: Krasin's Condo - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

December 14, 2006

Rest Days in Nonthaburi: Krasin's Condo

Our target time to be ready to go out is 0900 when Krasin says he will pick us up. As usual we are up early, Patrick puts the laundry in the machine downstairs, and we have instant coffee, juice and donuts for a quick bite to eat.

Krasin arrives about 10:30. Our laundry is hanging on the racks in the small kitchen, we are listening to music and reading and ready to go. He is to meet a friend for lunch. It takes us about an hour to drive to the Siam center, Krasin drops us off at this big shopping center, we will meet up again at the food court above Ocean World.

We are hungry. When we walk in the door, there is a Subway...we each have a Teriayki Chicken Sandwich, something familiar. We decide first to check out our meeting place and decide to explore the sky train rather than go through the Ocean World Exhibit.

The sky train station is right by the shopping center. As we are looking at the map and trying to decide how far to ride it, a local stops to help us and suggests going to the National Stadium. We buy the ticket, find the platform and wait for the train. It arrives on time and we are quickly at our destination, faster than on the many city streets it passes over.

The stop is at another big shopping area, and we wonder around in the maze. Incredible the amount of stuff that is available. We get two Thailand T-shirts and Rachel buys a cheap pair of earrings. We walk back to the Siam Center and at 3 wait at the food court for Krasin. He arrives about 1/2 hour later and we go to the parking area, walking through the Gourmet Market with Krasin pointing out all the different foods. After some confusion on where the car is parked, we find it only to see a big dent in the back left side passenger door.

This starts a two hour process to wait for the security to figure out what to do, finally taking Krasin in a golf cart to the security office to look at the camera footage to see if there was a record of the accident. A picture of Krasin shows that the dent was there when he pulled into the garage. The next stop was the sport's club where we had lunch and talk to their security.

On the way back to the condo, we stop at yet another big shopping center and food court. The food courts are impressive. First step is to find what to eat, then at a cashier's buy food coupons or card and use this as cash to the food vendors.

The theme of our trip so far continues to be centered around food.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0