Rest Day in Lhasa: cleaning the bikes - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

May 3, 2007

Rest Day in Lhasa: cleaning the bikes

Patrick's plan for today is to visit the Garden Monastery that's about 45kms, along the road we cycled to Lhasa. The best way to get there is to take the pilgrims bus that leaves everyday at 6:30am and returns at 2:00pm. The alarm is set for 5:40am, but when that time comes, Patrick can't do it, decides he'll miss out on this one, he shuts the alarm off, turns off the light and goes back to sleep.

After a late breakfast at our hotel, Rachel goes souvenir shopping while Patrick works on our bikes. He cleans the chain and gears, adjust the brakes and replaces the brake pads on Rachel's rear wheel and new rear derailleur. Rachel returns with a bag full of prayer flags, scarves, cloth and beads. After lunch at Durya, Patrick checks internet at a place across the street to organize the pictures from Yunnan while Rachel continues to transcribe our journal into the new book.

In the evening, the Snooker world championship is on Channel 5, we have one more day in Lhasa and it's nice to relax and watch sports.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0