Rest Day in Dali: a true rest day - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

March 21, 2007

Rest Day in Dali: a true rest day

Today is truly a rest day. We start with breakfast at the Tibetan Cafe. We see John Pola again. Patrick wants to take pictures and Rachel shops for socks so we go down different streets. Rachel wonders up a side street and there is Patrick coming down toward her. So far Rachel hasn't found the socks but on this street buys two Batik table clothes...same as the ones we didn't buy on Michael's tour. Both starting prices were 80 yuan, the town price for 2 came down to 70 yuan. Rachel paid 50 yuan...so much for the "Special price at the factory". She also bought for 40 yuan a smaller heavier dragon Batik.

We met back at the hotel and decide now there is enough to send a package home. We gather stuff up in the shopping bag we had to buy at a supermarket for our items and head back to a restaurant Patrick spotted that served wood fired pizza. We had a delicious chicken vegetable pizza and beer. Then off to the post office.

They had the right sized box and packaged it all up...the usual not boxing ahead of time because the Post Office customs need to see the stuff. It's not as expensive as other boxes sent home, this one only 180 yuan ($23 USD).

We rest, almost don't go for dinner, but decide to go for appetizers at the Tibet Cafe. Patrick checks the free internet. There is a message from a woman also wanting to do an overland tour to Tibet, the timing may not work for us now. We have vegetable noodle soup and baked potato with mushroom, cheese and onion. Rachel thought she'd ordered potato croquettes. On the way back to the hotel, Patrick takes some night pictures of the pagodas and Old city walls.

Tomorrow, we start heading North.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0