Rest Day in Bell II Resort: Hot tub, TV and rain - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

August 17, 2007

Rest Day in Bell II Resort: Hot tub, TV and rain

We picked our rest day perfectly, first of all because of the TV room and the hot tub, but when we wake up this morning, it is cloudy and rain threatens. Last night a strong windstorm pushed through pushing out the warm weather. We sleep in, take a soak in the hot tub and have our cereal for breakfast. Then the rain starts, a downpour that lasts most of the day.

We go up to the TV room and spent most of our day there. Rachel does laundry and we catch up on the news on CNN. Seems like news is still entertainment in the US and not that much different from a year ago....we have lunch and dinner at the restaurant downstairs not the cheapest but good food.

After dinner we go to the rec room and watch TV it's a big screen and supposedly 500 channels! There's a local worker that comes in, he's chatty and tells us there are 2 bikes downstairs. We go to the dining room and meet Noah & Simon. They later come upstairs. Simon grew up in Africa and just finished study in International studies and is a musician. Noah is a bike mechanic in Eugene (and we think probably knows our friend Dan Chan) and is moving to Bellingham to study Environmental design. They are on a short trip from Vancouver to Skagway. It's late when we finally get in the tent...

...just as the rain starts.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 3
Mike AylingI like the handdrawn maps!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensThanks, we have an interesting tale when we cycled the Carretera Austral in 1999....we are headed South and we get a hand drawn map from a cyclist who had just come up North...a map that said in this village turn left and the 4th house on the right will sell you bread. and in the next village directions to the house that will sell you eggs. When we were almost at the end of the CA, we met cyclists heading North and we gave them the map. We've always wondered how many times that map might have gone up and down the road.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Mike AylingWe just added another handwritten map to Jaspar and Icefield Parkway if interested
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0