Rest Day in Baxoi: typical rest day stuff - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

April 13, 2007

Rest Day in Baxoi: typical rest day stuff

Today's rest day is to take time to re-organize and re-stock food supplies. We eat for breakfast a cake with jelly we've carried from Deqin and hot coffee. The sitting area of our "suite" is covered with our gear.

Our wet stuff from a couple of days ago is almost dry. Rachel does laundry, Patrick hangs it on a line in the courtyard in the sun. We explore the town for supplies and find a "supermarket" for much of what we need--dried fruit, jerky (jak), instant noodles, cookies; then continue to small shops for bananas and even find a bakery for lots of goodies. As we walk the streets we see a lot of uniforms, but no one bothers us. We think the Chinese must think we have permits or we wouldn't be so far into Tibet.

Back in the room as Patrick has all the stuff laid out for packing, we are told to move to the smaller room. We shuttle the gear, and Patrick tries to quickly organize and pack. Patrick works on cleaning the bikes, Rachel greases our seats that got wet during the rain-sleet-snow storm, and boils 10 eggs for the next few days, clean the water bottles and check on the laundry. We relax and watch synchronized diving on CCTV5.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0