Rest day in Bangkok: Passport and China Visa - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

December 20, 2006

Rest day in Bangkok: Passport and China Visa

Today we pick up our passports from the Chinese embassy, anxious to know if we got the 90 days requested or the usual one month.

The transit is easy this morning, Patrick knows the way, local bus, subway to embassy then subway to Sky Train to visit Marcel. We take the used tires to give to Marcel to take back to Holland, the tires are still too good to toss and we are thinking we'll go through Holland again at some point in our trip.

We are at the embassy at 0915, realize we need to go to the cashier first with the receipt given to us after turning in the visa application. The fee is 1900bt for Dutch (Patrick) and 3000Bt for American. Then to the next window with are given our passports and out the door in 10-15 minutes. 

We look at our passports and find the Chinese visa and ...yeah! 90 days and we have until March 18 to enter China!!!

While Patrick takes the tires to Marcel, Rachel shops at the Sky train Nana exit and finds 2 purses, 2 mango bowls and 2 silk scarves to add to our already stuffed souvenir box we will mail today. We are back at the apartment by 1300 and then off to the post office.

It's a very good postal system and well organized. We take a number, the number next up is displayed with the window number, just like the Chinese embassy. Once the package is in the mail, along with the next set of DVD's, Krasin drops us off at the apartment and he will return after his ping pong games. At 5pm he called and will pick us up in 10mins, though more like 20, he took us to the MK Restaurant in the Carrefour for dinner. We have roasted duck and vegetable and white rice. Krasin wasn't convinced we could use chopsticks and asked (told) the waitress to bring spoons and forks. We used the chopsticks, Rachel learning a little more control.

Rachel had arranged to call her mom tonight at 11pm while David was visiting in Cowden. At exactly 11pm, Rachel made the call "It was good to hear mom's voice".

A haircut...cut short
Heart 0 Comment 0
We've got this now
Heart 0 Comment 0
Outside Chinese Embassy
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0