Rest Day in Bang Saphon: Rest Day - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

December 1, 2006

Rest Day in Bang Saphon: Rest Day

Sleeping in, that's what Patrick said he was going to do today, a rest day. ]

But we are up as early as usual and go to the "new" coffee house the German cyclist told us about. We have a wonderful latte and banana muffins. Then we are brought a plate of ritz crackers, then a little later a plate of mango and pineapple slices.

We see the Dutch cyclists and they join us. They are part of "Cycle Asia". After they set off, we go back to the hotel and find out we can move to another room now, and Patrick pays for the two nights. Today is the first day of "high season" rates but we are given the same rate as yesterday. Rachel buys postcards and stamps to send to her mom and friend Laura in Missoula.

After we are re-settled, we do laundry, TV isn't working so the same "engineering" guy who fixed the AC in the previous room, also comes to fix the TV. Patrick strings a line outside our back door for the laundry to dry. We explore the beach and watch two women sitting in the water digging with their hands in the sand for clams. We both give it a go and find a few to put in their baskets.

Lunch is at the breakfast place with baguette slices of tuna and cheese and tomato. Followed with a couple slices of cake. The afternoon is passed lazing at the side of the pool. 

After all this is a rest day. There seems to be more people around.

Breakfast with Dutch cyclists
Heart 0 Comment 0
They are doing a self-guided Dutch Tour.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0