Rest Day Dalat: walking around the lake - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

January 22, 2007

Rest Day Dalat: walking around the lake

Breakfast is included in the price of our room. We have an omelet, baguette, OJ and coffee. We turn in the "big stuff" for laundry. The charge is per piece, so Rachel did the small stuff in the room sink.

The goal this morning is to walk around the lake, so we set off after breakfast. After we are almost around the lake we set off to find the cable car. We pass the round about that Patrick had asked for directions yesterday, one man in a grey coat made the motion of bicycling...it was the same guy who helped us then.

We walk and walk and walk to the top of the mountain where the cable car starts. The view of the city and surrounding pine forest is great. We see the cable car but not where it ends and decide to pass on the ride, instead we walk down the steep part of the hill and catch a taxi. We are dropped off at a lakeside cafe almost opposite the road to V Cafe, where we plan to have pancakes for lunch. The restaurant was also near the Flower gardens we visited on our earlier walk.

After coffee at the restaurant, it was close to 1100 and the V Cafe will be open. We share yogurt and fruit and a stack of pancakes with maple syrup for lunch. On our way back to the hotel, we shop for more cornflakes and Ritz crackers, but are not able to find Nutella. The afternoon we read, watch movies then about 4pm head out to the post office. Patrick calls Oma, Rachel mails postcards, a tradition to sending to her mom. We go to a bar recommended by LP for Happy Hour but move on when Bai (beer) is $2 and find a restaurant close to our hotel and have Vietnamese spring rolls and pizza.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0