North Anchorage: Real Mexican food with real salsa - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

June 25, 2007

North Anchorage: Real Mexican food with real salsa

Yesterday, Rachel had the beginning of a sore throat and stuffiness, today is worse and she feels blah. 

We have breakfast of fried eggs and toast and real tasty breaded fried potatoes made by Jesse. About 10am, Jesse drives us to Anchorage and we go to Sam's club to get Mountain House meals, dried fruit and nuts, and trail mix bars. Then REI we get Cutters Repellent, we pass on the face netting for against mosquitos we think is too expensive....but do buy Raspberry crumble for desserts. Priorities.

The next stop is a Mexican Restaurant for lunch of Chimichangas, Chile Relleno and Tacos and Real Salsa, finally an authentic Mexican meal! On the way home we stop at Fred Meyers for Bread, sandwich meats & cheese, cereal, powdered milk...supplies for the road.

Patrick has worked this morning putting the bikes together, and Rachel sorted the gear. Now with all the food we have even more stuff to pack. Rachel still is not feeling well, has a headache and is fatigued, and sleeps the rest of the afternoon and evening until the next morning.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0