Last Rest Day in Bukittinggi: Another opelet and flying dogs - Racpat Bali to Boise 2006-07 - CycleBlaze

October 20, 2006

Last Rest Day in Bukittinggi: Another opelet and flying dogs

"Want tour to see flying dogs?" the man asks as he approaches Patrick. We've taken an opelet to Kota Gadang. The price is too much, Patrick says 5000Rp, a price is agreed and the man brings us a child who will take us. We walk on the edge of the rice fields and get to the edge of the canyon and in the trees are hundreds of huge bats!!

The day started with us first going to the post office. Patrick patiently waits by the counter with the mailing envelop. No one comes to wait on us. There is a gal sitting behind a sign "Informacia" and says window 2, this doesn't seem right. There was left over wrapper from someone on a table, we got the tape and scissors from a man behind the counter and Patrick made his own mailing envelope, then finally got the package mailed. The next set of DVD's with our pictures are on their way to our friend Nathan. He will copy the pics to a hard drive.

To get to Kota Gadang, we recognize the street when going with Yudi and wait for an opelet. We hop on one and then it starts going in the opposite direction of the town. The opelet has one other passenger, we pull up to a house, the woman hops out and soon comes back with a big box and bag and we are off. The driver says "Kota Gadang." The town is almost deserted.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Arranging a tour to see the flying dogs.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Silver butterfly brooch for Cheryl.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0