1 - To Bali - Bali in the warm sun - CycleBlaze

May 20, 2018

1 - To Bali

Very tiring day

Finally got my cycling route sorted, why does it seem to happen at the last minute. It was still early morning, but nothing was packed. Packing the bike was a joy whereas the other gear not so, but eventually got it done.I'm out of packing practice because I haven't been on a tour for some time.

Got to the airport with time to spare and the flight departed on time. Had
a young kid in seat behind that wouldn't sleep, lots OP f crying and could occasionally feel kicking, the parents were struggling to control him.

My times were mixed up, got to Bali earlier than thought and planned to assemble the bike and sleep at the Terminal, but booked accommodation while waiting for the luggage. Thought the bike was still in Melbourne because it took ages to come out, more than an hour.

Getting a taxi was a challenge and negotiating with the taxi mafia wasn't fun, they throw any crazy price at you, like $25. The airpot has an official price list and a place to pay, but thats been hijacked. The honest Bluebird taxis that use thier meter aren't allowed near the place so headed towards the domestic airport and got a taxi for $8 Aud after some negotiating.

Jerry Griswold often tours Bali and stays Matahari Bungalows so I thought I'd do the same because he picks better places than I normally would.  http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/TouringbyBike

Matahari Bungalows $28 Aud (-8.715409, 115.173923)

At Melbourne airport
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0