July 22: halfway to Mocoa to Mocoa - Bad Tans and Beautiful Legs - CycleBlaze

July 21, 2022

July 22: halfway to Mocoa to Mocoa

Todays blog entry will be rather short, as I want to get a good night's rest before beginning the Trampolín de la muerte tomorrow. 

The skies were clear when we awoke at 7am. Gloria prepared us each a hot cup of cocoa and tea, and we sat on the balcony watching and listening to the day begin. This valley has been one of my favorite unexpected areas on the whole trip.

The diversity of chickens on this route has been nothing short of spectacular.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Angie NehlsSuch a handsome fellow!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

Our route as a whole trended downwards towards Mocoa, but was still interspersed with punchy climbs totalling over 3,500ft. The weather was perfect, the traffic quiet, and the breeze pleasant. All-in-all, a good day to be on a bike.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

The next few days to Pasto I will likely have poor service, so I'll condense those days into one longer entry. Here's to big climbs, (hopefully) sunny skies, and smooth riding as we head west for the last time in Colombia!

Today's ride: 75 km (47 miles)
Total: 1,935 km (1,202 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Angie NehlsI just wanted to let you know.... Estie had to submit a writing sample as her last step for her homeschool assessment. The biggest part of it was about "her amazing California cousin, Jeremy and his biking adventure". Sending all the good vibes your way.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jeremy NolanTo Angie NehlsNo way! I love that :)
Reply to this comment
1 year ago