Rain is Coming. - Riding Slowly South - CycleBlaze

May 4, 2021

Rain is Coming.

Tara to Nitschke Road

Tara is a small town at least an hour's drive from anywhere of note, and has a raft of social problems which mean that some of Tara's population don't have ready access to sufficient quantities of water in their homes for activities such as bathing. This meant that while we scoffed our drinkies last night and our breakfast this morning we observed a continuous stream of locals arriving to use the facility, such that a post-breakfast loo trip became a matter of hover and dash to beat the competition to the cubicle door. 

Hovering and dashing done we set about completing our rides. Roger got the flat/mustering camp/no-creative-mailboxes ride today.

He even chose the same lunch spot as I did yesterday! I should have left a note.
Heart 0 Comment 0

I headed out of town on the imaginatively named Western Road with the vast excitement of three corners and two intersections in the 40km ahead of me 

I had a delightful ride. Water pooled beside the road and in the paddocks the whole way, teeming with ducks and other birdlife. It's a long time since the country has looked this good.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I ended the ride at Neitschke Road, where there was a letterbox of the distinctly non-creative variety.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Rain was forecast and clouds were rolling in right on cue. We hightailed back to the lagoon where the next clutch of grey nomads were drinking wine and getting excited about the oncoming rain, and set about getting our camp shipshape for the forecast rain and storms.

Today's ride: 46 km (29 miles)
Total: 582 km (361 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0