Marking Time - Riding Slowly South - CycleBlaze

August 2, 2021 to August 4, 2021

Marking Time

In Kingaroy

 Rest days* are always busy with running errands, bike maintenance, attending to all the little details that keep life ticking over while we're lollygagging around on bicycles, and making new plans because the old ones don't work any more.

We planned to pedal along the Sunshine Coast but that area is currently locked down due to Covid, a situation that won't change until Sunday at the earliest, and possibly quite a while later. Our plan is to go slow until Sunday, so we are in a position to jump into plan P, Q, or R depending on whether a while later happens or not.

"What shall we do while going slow?" we wondered.

"Can you work another day this week?" asked work.

Sure can!

Well that solves my problem of what to do, but doesn't help Roger very much. He has declared himself very happy to continue this sponsorship arrangement but there are only so many errands to run, and you can only skulk in the bedroom for so long while your wife is on teleconference. The man seriously needs a hobby light and portable enough to carry on a bicycle.

I've suggested crochet but he isn't keen. Likewise learning the mouth organ (come to think of it I'm not keen on that either), suduko, or origami. I'm sure he would happily become an oenophile, but that doesn't fit the light weight requirements.

Any suggestions?

Home for the night/s: Peppertree Cabins, Kingaroy.
Heart 0 Comment 0

*Normal programming will resume on Thursday.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Scott AndersonHave him take up chess. It’s easy to compete over the internet now. He could over the blog, but we’d miss your unique voice.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago