Man With Coffee Rules World - Riding Slowly South - CycleBlaze

July 27, 2021 to July 28, 2021

Man With Coffee Rules World

Harlin to Linville

 After our initial horror at the lack of tea/coffee facilities in our room, we were mollified to find that we had access via a rear hallway to the pub dining area where tea, coffee, and Milo were available in abundance. Not only that, breakfast was also included with bread supplied for toast. We are really living the high life: tea and toast four mornings in a row!

The entire town of Harlin, minus one house out of shot.
Heart 3 Comment 0

The day in Harlin passed pretty quickly for me, beavering away in my room with my desk propped up by a chair. Roger, on the other hand, insisted that he spent a week in Harlin on my work day and was more than ready to roll out for new adventures on Wednesday morning.  In the spirit of experimentation he even filled his thermal cup with coffee before he left, because what is a man without elevenses?

Let's go!
Heart 5 Comment 0

We followed the Brisbane River all day today, not that we could see it most of the time. 

A lookout just outside Harlin gave us a glimpse of the river tucked away in the valley.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rail trail beside the highway, with teeny tiny cyclist on his way.
Heart 4 Comment 0

Elevenses arrived and the Great Coffee Experiment was declared a success.

Man with coffee rules world.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The train/bike theme continued along the trail, with murals under this bridge outside Harlin.
Heart 3 Comment 0

After a brief session of park appreciation in Moore we trundled the final 7km to Linville which must be the tidiest, prettiest little town in the Brisbane Valley. The Linville pub cleverly offers showers to bicyclists for $5, or free if you eat at the pub. Well, we knew eating there would cost a lot more than $10 but we did it anyway and very nice it was too, what with the chooks and rooster wandering the grounds, the festoon lights glowing in the gloaming, and the last rays of sun lighting the tops of the hills.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Wednesday is a slow day on the trail. We had the pub to ourselves apart from one old fella who came, ate, and went. We free camped at the old railway station opposite the pub, a collection of old rolling stock rusting quietly in the moonlight and a collection of grey nomads tucked snugly into their vans and motorhomes.

Old rolling stock, the Linville station, and pub in the background. Free camping to the left.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Livestock of the day: Linville General Security Manager and Auxiliary Alarm Clock.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 22 km (14 miles)
Total: 261 km (162 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 0