Just Pedallin'. - Riding Slowly South - CycleBlaze

May 7, 2021

Just Pedallin'.

Glenmorgan to (almost) Surat.

The Surat Developmental Road is slightly more exciting than the Western Road, due to marginally more traffic and the odd change in altitude that classifies as a 'hill' if you've been riding on the flat for long enough.  I dropped Roger off at his today start spot early(ish) as he anticipated a slow ride with a headwind.

He was very happy to finish the Western Road. Not being into birds and water as much as me, he found it excruciatingly tedious.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The ANZAC museum in Meandarra gave him an excuse to take a break.
Heart 0 Comment 0
He also stopped at the car museum in Glenmorgan. It's both closed and for sale, due to the owner having died
Heart 0 Comment 0

Meanwhile, out on the SDR...

Passing agricultural machinery provided my main entertainment. In addition to this one I had a ute towing an auger, multiple road trains, and very important Big Trucks doing (so I'm told by my engineering friend) seismic surveys.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch spot. Not much on offer and this one had the best shade.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At 40km I stopped and waited for pickup. Then I got tired of waiting and headed back the way I'd come. Wow, having a tailwind made a difference!
Heart 0 Comment 0

We decided to spread the love around and set up camp in Glenmorgan. Not much happened. Six utes full of dirt (motor) bikes and swags went past, all on the way to somewhere else. Someone in a McDonalds uniform stopped to use the loo, which intrigued us because the nearest McDs is 160km away. Two cars pulled up at the pub. A little girl walked a little dog.

We went to the pub to escape the mosquitoes.  Not much happened while we were there.

Glenmorgan is a quiet place.

Today's ride: 47 km (29 miles)
Total: 486 km (302 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0