A Rainy Day Off. - Riding Slowly South - CycleBlaze

May 5, 2021

A Rainy Day Off.

Today was always intended to be a rest day and happily it coincided with a cold front blowing across the country, bringing a strong cold southerly, rain, and storms.  Most of the rain fell during the night so we only had to contend with sneaky little showers in the morning. All the mosquitoes in the area retreated to the ablutions block for cover, which resulted in not so pleasant showering experiences in the morning.

Shower anyone? Every one of those dots is a mosquito, just waiting for exposed skin.
Heart 3 Comment 3
Vince McCarthyThat's madness!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Titanium PenguinTo Vince McCarthyI must confess I skipped my morning shower after seeing this and knowing we were in an apartment that night😏
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Vince McCarthyIt's a great photo. I frequently complain about mozzies but I've never seen anything like that.
Take care.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

We packed up our wet camp and moved to the Tara Spa Apartments which are... interesting.  The owner has some very strong views and this is reflected in the posters throughout and also what is provided in the fridge.  But we can't complain because it's warm and dry, there's a comfortable bed, and we're just across the road from the Foodworks so we have all the prerequisites for a good rest day.

Showers anyone? I'm glad we're sleeping inside tonight.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Packing up a wet camp. At least we had a roof over the picnic table.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The rain was all gone by evening, only a stiff south westerly remaining.  That will give us a head wind tomorrow, but fingers crossed it will be diminished in strength.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0