To Châu Doc - Vietnam and Cambodia-- ride, etc - CycleBlaze

November 4, 2022

To Châu Doc

A little more about yesterday.  

Some places have structures built to attract Swifts. They also play the bird call in hopes that the birds will nest there. Then they will take the nests for bird's nest soup.

Our local guide was excited to tell us that he now had a motorbike with 150 cc engine. He considered it to be very expensive at around $1000 US dollars.

I'm not sure what happened and I didn't see it all. But a dog was on the road and a car was passing us. I think the dog bounced off the car and ran into the back wheel of one of the bicyclists.  The rider went off the road but was okay.  The dog ran away. The cyclist had chosen to take his helmet off as he thought it was too hot to wear it. 

We stopped at a pagoda again. It was quite flat except the many bridges. This was our last day in VN. Then a long drive to the hotel very near the border.

There is a mountain or large hill just outside the city.  We climbed to the top. The stairs were all different sizes and heights and sometimes in bad shape. A bit of a challenge.  We were taken there by rickshaw like things called sellos?

The sello , a bicycle taxi
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Buddha . Pagoda.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is a jade Buddha
Heart 0 Comment 0
What can I say?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Billiards not pool is popular
Heart 0 Comment 0

The trip to and from the hill and the climb up and the pagodas got us back to the hotel at 6:30. Then trying to get food. 

Today's ride: 30 km (19 miles)
Total: 172 km (107 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0