Hanging Out in Victoria - Escaping the Rain--In Spain - CycleBlaze

Hanging Out in Victoria

We've settled into our comfortable and cozy studio in the Cook Street Village area of Victoria.  Here, cozy means small, which wouldn't be so bad except we are travelling with much more stuff than if we were cycle touring.  We have lots of clothes plus gear for hiking, swimming, running, plus Al's guitar, some kitchen tools and supplies, laundry detergent, etc.

But we do have our bikes!  We did our first Victoria ride with Al's brother and sister-in-law, and ran into fellow Cycleblazers at a coffee stop.  A few fellows from Al's cycle club came over for a day ride; I joined them for a bit but they are too fast for me, while Al did his longest one-day mileage ever, 175 km, having ridden out to the ferry to meet them and again to see them off (and have a beer at the pub near the terminal).

The next day was the best day yet, though.  We met up with fellow Cycleblazers David and Anne Mathers and Keith and Kathleen Classen for a ride on some of the Mathers' favourite routes, followed by coffee and muffins and cycle travel talk in the Classen back yard.

Since Al is the "map guy" for his club and I do the route planning for our/my tours, we sometimes get questions.  I'll add a post on the topic as it's something to do on a wet day--of which we are in for several, if the forecast is correct.

Me, Anne Mathers, and Al just before riding down that hill in the bacgkground and losing the view.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Quick swap with Dave holding Anne's bike. Next time the short person gets to stand on the curb.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Scott AndersonI was going to say something about standing Al up on the curb like that. Great to see all those familiar faces!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Ralph StiebelIf not on the curb then at least in the foreground. It's all a matter of perspective after all.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Jacquie GaudetTo Ralph StiebelTrue. Why didn’t I think of moving to the front?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago