Maps, maps, but no more maps - Flantastic Voyage - CycleBlaze

September 26, 2018

Maps, maps, but no more maps

The first part is very boring to look at, since it just hugs the coast down to Valencia.

Heart 0 Comment 0

We'll take the train up to Albacete unless we're somehow running ahead of schedule. This is the meat and potatoes (or olives and olives) of the trip.

Heart 0 Comment 2
Steve Miller/GrampiesWe have been leery of the coastal route, Cartagena to Malaga, thinking that it has lots of traffic and not much provision for bikes. Your inland route looks interesting. Did you choose it because you know of good cycling along that way? What will you be using for maps and guidance as you follow this path?
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Kevin StevensTo Steve Miller/GrampiesHi Steve, our inland route is inspired by the existence of two Vias Verdes (rail-to-trail paths). The Sierra de Alcaraz Via Verde runs from Albacete to Alcaraz. The Del Aceite Via Verde runs from Jaén to Puente Genil.

We are trying the Komoot app for routing and navigation. We may buy some road maps as a backup plan.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago

From Gibraltar, we'll probably take a train to Ronda, and ride to Málaga from there.

The more we tour, the more relaxed and less organized we become. We might get sidetracked and end up doing something completely different.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0