Let’s see more of Sevilla - Flantastic Voyage - CycleBlaze

October 20, 2018

Let’s see more of Sevilla

Time to visit Sevilla by bus! Actually, this may be a good city for one of those open-air tourist buses. Not today, though. The air is heavy with moisture. The rain comes. Sometimes just a little, sometimes in buckets. We manage to find cover at just the right times. 

We headed straight for the Real Alcáraz and stood in line for 45 minutes. A British fellow kept us entertained the entire time. He is here working on a BBC television series. When we told him we spent most of our time outdoors while visiting London in 2014, he immediately called us out as cheapskates. How perceptive!

There were some tapestries that really impressed us, and we ran across a hydraulically-operated “player organ” in the garden. It was almost the top of the hour, so we stayed around for the three-minute concert. Otherwise, we found it to be less interesting than the Mezquita in Córdoba. We had a good time regardless.

After a very nice lunch (during which it conveniently rained cats and dogs), we strolled over to the fine arts museum. The Catholic imagery was overwhelming. I think we’ll go out of our way to seek Picasso and Dalí next time.

I contacted Recyclo Bike Shop in Málaga to make arrangements to have our bikes boxed. They were a pleasure to talk to. I also booked a place nearby for our last two nights. My mind is now at ease about logistics. 

We are getting soft and comfortable in the cabin. It’s so civilized! It will be a challenge to return to life on the road, but I am really looking forward to it. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0