An American in Málaga - Flantastic Voyage - CycleBlaze

October 25, 2018

An American in Málaga

put a fork in it

Yes, we rode exactly 1 kilometer today. That’s the distance between our little cottage and the bike shop. My heart sank when we I realized that we no longer had the bikes as our companions, but as in most relationships, a little time away is liberating.

We joined the other tourists in the city center. In general, the streets are much wider than in the old quarters of the other cities we have visited. It’s still a pleasure to have nothing but a backpack to tote around. We went to the Picasso museum, which was hit or miss. We lunched at Recyclo Cafe, then popped in next door at the bike shop (the downtown location) just to say hi.

In the afternoon, we hiked up to the Castillo Gibralforo. It offers an excellent view of the city, and you can walk the entire castle wall. I think it was the best of the bunch. I highly recommend it.

We returned to Pedregalejo and Greg to find our bikes neatly packed. We added our sleeping bags and a few odds and ends. We don’t want the boxes to be too heavy.

Our panniers are mostly ready and we are settled in. Tomorrow will literally be a very long day for us due to the time difference.

What a lovely place to stay
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our hosts insisted that we use their bike rack
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our favorite piece at the Picasso museum
Heart 1 Comment 0
Hanging out at the bike cafe
Heart 0 Comment 0
In the belly of the whale
Heart 0 Comment 0
That’s a tall wall
Heart 1 Comment 0
All along the watchtower
Heart 0 Comment 0
My attempt to take an interesting photo
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 1 km (1 miles)
Total: 1,107 km (687 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0