The Hague to Harmelen - Amsterdam and then ... - CycleBlaze

July 8, 2012

The Hague to Harmelen

Yes, it was pouring when we left and rained on and off all day long. But we were having a great time anyway. We didn't even get really soaked - and we know the difference. The one time it really bucketed down, we were inside having lunch and just waited until it let up. I'm sure the continual tailwinds added much to our good mood in spite of the otherwise unfriendly weather. Things just seemed right.

We left Den Haag through a green park, passed by the Binnenhof and the train station, rode through another leafy wooded area and were soon in the country. As easy as that.

Setting out through the Scheveningse Bosjes
Heart 1 Comment 0
Cycling through the Haagse Bos
Heart 0 Comment 0
Soon out of the city
Heart 1 Comment 0

Much of the time, we had lovely bike paths following canals, no traffic, not even bicycles were out today.

Water everywhere
Heart 2 Comment 1
Charmaine RuppoltRiding in the rain isn't bad if it's not too cold. :)
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rain
Heart 2 Comment 1
Wind
Heart 1 Comment 0
Flowers
Heart 2 Comment 0
Good weather for fishing
Heart 1 Comment 0

By the time we reached Woerden, we had enough kilometers for the day but weren't seeing any hotels so Janos got his smart phone out, a new acquisition for this trip which proved to be very practical, and found accomodation at Het Wapen in Harmelen a bit further down the road, a little expensive but we didn't see any alternatives. It was very comfortable and we preferred to enjoy our forced luxury than to lament the price.

Today's ride: 68 km (42 miles)
Total: 158 km (98 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0