Tynec - From the North Sea to the Adriatic - CycleBlaze

September 5, 2010

Tynec

It was lovely to wake up to another fine day. It was cold though so we started off in our coats. We thought we had it all sussed how to get down to the river but it was not as straightforward as we had imagined. When we got there it was a lovely ride along the river, there was a mist on it so everything looked magical. We even found our turn away from the river and up we went at the start of the hills . the first thing we came to was a huge complex of sports fields - all looking as if they were for local use. There was a group of small boys about Matthew's age (they may have only been 6 and since yesterday he is 7) playing soccer across a field. It looked exactly like the scene we had watched about three weeks ago in Brisbane, if the parents hadn't been calling out in what seemed to us unintelligible gibberish.

The next section was up through fairly step forest on great tracks. There were lots of other cyclists all unladden. It was a joy to ride along with the sunlight filtering through the leaves and the muddy puddles drying out. Then came to a big area of high rise housing, by now we had done almost 20km and we were surprised to see that the metro reached right to here. There was no grafitti and the people were really using the extensive green areas between the buildings. They were pushing prams, rollerblading, riding bikes, playing football and just enjoying the sun. A couple of men had a big group of kids they were taking for a bike ride they appeared to be getting a talk on safety when we saw them. After this it appeared to be the end of Prague and we continued on through rural land - all up hill. The small villages seemed to be devoid of coffee stops till at last we found a pub were we had Frankfurter Soup and a huge Latte for a total cost of about 5 Euros - the dining room was full of people on either a Sunday bike ride or a drive. On now to Tynec where we have stopped. There was accommodation here and we were unsure what came a bit further on. We are staying in a hotel which is primarily a rafting and canoeing centre, a comfortable and spotless room at the cost of only about 25 euros and the restaurant looks good - it certainly was overflowing with hungry people when we arrived and their beer was good.

The yellow things are all two man kayacs. Our room is on the top on the left. plenty of action here
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 56 km (35 miles)
Total: 1,427 km (886 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0