Sopron: Into Hungary - From the North Sea to the Adriatic - CycleBlaze

September 15, 2010

Sopron: Into Hungary

The ride to Sopron was on cycletracks nearly the whole way. There were zillions of people of all shapes and sizes clearly on day trips. Work in the vineyards was in full swing they were picking the whites and nearly all of it was being done by small groups picking by hand. We did see one lot of machine harvesting. Ken saw lots of tractors including a single cylinder Styre which he had been wanting to find. The final few kilometers to Sopron a bit more difficult but the GPS served us well and took us to the centre of town where we found a bank and the Information Centre - the lady was worst we had struck - usually they are great. We have a place to stay but could get no information about our onward journey, never mind we will work it out tomorrow. The guest house we are staying has a nice looking restaurant and our 'room' is on two levels with a kind if sitting room and a toilet downstairs and a bedroom and bathroom upstairs. I think it is quite cheap but I wouldn't know as I am thoroughly confused by the money.

And now the hard part starts.

From what I have eaten there had to be alot of pigs somewhere
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sopron
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 40 km (25 miles)
Total: 2,099 km (1,303 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0