Holed up in Postjna - From the North Sea to the Adriatic - CycleBlaze

September 25, 2010

Holed up in Postjna

The heavy rain and thunder started about 2am (I knew Ken shouldn't have bought a sunhat in Ljubljana). It has finally beaten us and we have taken a day off. The rain was still heavy this morning, the forecast awful and the cold Ken has had for the last few days unpleasant. We booked in for another night and settled in to spend the day in this rather soulless little town. Actually it has been a good day. With an excellent Wifi connection in our room we were able to plan what to do with our remaining 10 days or so. After reaching Trieste we will just wander along to Venice then on to Chioggia, then Padua and back to Venice where we will spend our last four nights and become serious tourists as we hunt down bike boxes. I was able to book our accommodation in Venice in a bungalow at a camping ground similar to Camping Roma where we stayed so successfully and cheaply at the end of our trip last year. This all makes the return to normality seem close but we can work on ideas for next year's trip and dream. I am coming up with some good ideas but would really welcome more. What we need is a journey which will take us around two months (probably about 6 weeks continuous cycling) - the stipulation is the Emirates needs to fly into an airport near the start and one at the end - that is so we can fly our bikes free.

Ken insists I put this on with the comment that it is the most common model of car ((Citroen Piccasso) in all of Europe even though the model has been superceeded. It makes me feel at home as I have one - they are not very common in New Zealand
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0