Dubai and Hamburg - From the North Sea to the Adriatic - CycleBlaze

Dubai and Hamburg

The flight not nearly as trying as we had expected. It left at the uncivlised hour of 2.30am and as we had had a pretty busy time in Brisbane we were tied and slept a good deal of the way to Dubai. We arrived around noon and as the connecting flight to Hamburg wasn't until 9am the next morning we had to overnight there and with some of the day left thought we would see a little of the place. The most interesting looking tour was a Dessert Safari. We drove through the futuristic high rises of the city. The buildings gradually thinned out and after about forty five minutes we were in golden sand dunes, I was amazed by the colour, the sand shone in the afternoon sunshine. Our guide let down our tyres then off we set on a roller coaster ride up and over, sliding down and spewing sand everywhere. He said his job was also his hobby and this was clearly obvious. There was just one mistake we made we had forgotten just how easily Ken gets car sick. The less said about that the better but it was me who enjoyed the BBQ dinner and the camel ride at the Bedouin Camp. It was a relief to get to Hamburg and be reunited with our bikes. Finding a quiet place to assemble them was fairly easily and miraculously there were no bits and pieces left over after they went together. Unlike last year there was no apparent damage. It will certainly good to start riding tomorrow, this flying part of the trip seems to have taken so long.

Our driver had wonderful fun
Heart 0 Comment 0
Everything went together in the end
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0