We're Off: Munich to Bruckmühl - Alpe-Adria Tour 2018 - CycleBlaze

August 26, 2018

We're Off: Munich to Bruckmühl

We tried to get a late start since check-in at our hotel in Bruckmühl wasn't until 5 pm and we didn't have a great distance to cover. We were ready much too early and were on the road at 10.

After the hot days of the past weeks, today came as a shock. It was deceivingly sunny at 10°C. We had a good route through Munich and little traffic, it being Sunday. But then the urban sprawl didn't want to stop, it went on and on until we finally got out into the country.

Starting in Aying, we cycled on the Mangfall River bike path, a scenic ride on small roads and paths that took us to our destination for the day.

Yes, we were much too early so we had a coffee and pastry to pass the time before we could check in at our Gästehaus Cena. We were looking forward to a hot shower and thawing out! The new Gästehaus Cena was a good choice - we had a comfortable room on the ground floor. I'm always happy when I don't have to carry my bags up flights of stairs! Later we went out for pizza.

Starting out from home
Heart 5 Comment 0
Quiet streets of Munich on a Sunday morning - easy riding
Heart 3 Comment 0
Finally out in the countryside - approaching Aying just a small hinderance. Fortunately some friendly cyclists came along and helped us lift our loaded bikes over the logs.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Sunny but cool - We never stopped to put on an extra layer and were chilled when we got to Bruckmühl in the afternoon.
Heart 5 Comment 1
Karen PoretWonderful photo of you, Suzanne :)
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Got to love the Bavarian farm houses with their balconies overflowing with geraniums.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Karen PoretThis is the scenery my Mother used to tell me about! Gut!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Heart 7 Comment 2
Charmaine RuppoltLove the pedals on the ground :)
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Karen PoretTo Charmaine RuppoltLike your comment, Charmaine..peDals! ( not petals)
Very appropriate for cycling! ;)
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Mountain views accompany us every day until shortly before we reach the coast.
Heart 4 Comment 0
The Mangfall River which took us to our destination for the day
Heart 1 Comment 0
Former railroad bridge, now for bicycles and pedestrians. No horses, and dogs must be on a leash.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Summer is drawing to a close.
Heart 3 Comment 0

This was a wonderful start on our way to the Adria.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0