Beitbridge to Bubye River to Runde River - Already yet so soon....30 years ago, Oh my! - CycleBlaze

March 9, 1994 to March 11, 1994

Beitbridge to Bubye River to Runde River

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

From Beitbridge to the Bubye River camping (80km) the road was flat. The next day we cycle to a farm 20km south of the Runde River. We knocked on the door and asked if we could camp in his yard. He said yes, but he had a game lodge we could stay. He fixed a braai for the evening then took us to the camp.

Sande showed us around his farm. We first noticed how respectful he was to his workers. He also drove us around in a truck, but stopped and waited for the worker to open then close the gate and get back into the truck.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our accomodations for the night. Tomorrow we take a rest day, Sande will drive us to his game park.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Sande needed to come to the game park because of mischievous elephant. The game park is fenced in but the clients that come actually have to hunt for the animals, no guarentee they will shoot anything.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Sande fixes us another braai then let's us take the truck back to our accommodations. There is a storm brewing and we are worried our laundry will get wet. No worries though, his workers have taken the laundry inside.

Tomorrow we go to Masvingo (135.8km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0