Sculptures - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

Sculptures

This was our final rest day for the trip. Things are winding down, the end is in sight. Just because the end of the trip is in sight does not mean that the goal of the trip is insight. For the most part we are happy to just ride our bikes and remain clueless.

It was not a completely restful day for team A. We cycled 20 miles south over some rather steep hills to Edinboro PA to visit some relatives. The return trip, being mostly downhill, was much more relaxing.

Along the way we saw some interesting yard sculptures.

Erie seems to be infested with colorful frogs.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This golden frog was next to a bank.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Quick - which car manufacturer makes the spider? If you said Volkswagen, you may be right.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Boris FayferQuick- which manufacture makes bumblebee?
Reply to this comment
5 years ago

Pennsylvania has a little triangular shapped notch in the northwest corner that sticks up to Lake Erie. The city of Erie is in that triangle, Edinboro is below the triangle. We learned that the triangle was a late add-on to the state of the Pennsylvania. It seems that New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and Connecticut all wanted that chunk of land. Maybe they all loved Concord grapes. In the end, Pennsylvania got the land at a cost of 75 cents per acre.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0