Hunza Valley: Warmshowers Networking - Racpat Morocco to Holland 2023 - CycleBlaze

Hunza Valley: Warmshowers Networking

After returning from our K2 trek, we spent almost a week driving from Skardu up the Karakorum Highway into Hunza Valley to Karimabad. Gulmit and the Khunjerab Pass before returning to Islamabad.

On the way we spot a couple cycle touring, so of course we must stop to chat with them.

" I-da-ho," Camillo says and continues,  "We met a Jacob in Nepal."

"Jacob Aston?" Patrick asks? "Yes" is the return reply from Camillo. Jacob and Carolyn left Boise in June on an open ended bike tour.

Driving up the Karakorum Highway we meet Camilo Salinas and Monica from Chille. They have cycled here from Portugal and in Nepal they met our friends Jacob Ashton and Carolyn Mason on the road.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Keith AdamsRemembering the conditions on the KKH, I don't think there's any way I'd be caught dead trying to cycle it. WOW.
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensHi Keith, agree. We had mixed feelings of being in a car instead of a bike. This couple and another cyclists we were in contact with through facebook, loved cycling in Pakistan. There are lots of side valleys off the KKH that looked intriguing.
Reply to this comment
5 months ago
Jacob Aston, 2019, stays with us in Boise.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Jacob has stayed with us a couple of times. In 2022, He asked if his frined Carolyn could park her van in our backyard while Jacob was studying at University. Together they did local bike tours. 

Through Warmshowers, Maren and Chris from Germany stayed with us at the same time. It's great fun sharing stories.

Maren and Chris, Patrick, Carolyn and Jacob at our home in 2022
Heart 0 Comment 0
Chris and Maren from Frieburg Germany, 2022 arrive to our home in Boise ID
Heart 0 Comment 0
Maren and Chris enjoy a Famous Idaho Potato Ice Cream sundae.
Heart 1 Comment 0

In 2023, on our tour from Morocco to Holland, we arranged our route to visit with Maren and Chris. We love the networking of cyclists.

On our way back to Holland from Morocco, we stay with Chris and Maren. They met up with us and showed us the way back to their home.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Almost to their home
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0