The Gear Preparation - Racpat Northern Tier 2021 - CycleBlaze

May 28, 2021

The Gear Preparation

"the list" same same but different

Our Mountain Hardwear Tent we used in 1999-2000 in South America and 2006-07 Asia and cycling home from the Arctic Circle. Testing to see if still waterproof and needed to fix one zipper.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Patrick fixing an insert for his camera gear to be carried like a handlebar bag. That will be the big yellow bag on the front of his bike.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Camera gear
Heart 1 Comment 4
robert bibeauMine is same same but different !
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Jacquie GaudetAnd my husband thinks it's overkill to bring one real camera!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Jacquie GaudetHi Jacquie, there's been an evolution of how many cameras...
Rachel
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Jacquie GaudetTo Rachel and Patrick HugensSame here. I got a little Panasonic super zoom for touring but after someone asked me to take a photo of them with their DSLR, I decided I needed to start bringing mine. So much nicer to use! My husband thinks his phone is just fine and I should be thankful. Before the phone, he never took pictures at all (so I’m not in any family photos).
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
George Kemp, Ascension Custom Bicycles, fixed a small crack in Patrick's frame. George has also built our wheels for past tours. Thanks George!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Panniers from 2015-17 tour still good, but needed washing.
Heart 1 Comment 0
....and drying
Heart 0 Comment 0
As gear on "the list" is collected and placed in the box, and then it is marked off the list.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0