The Waiting Place - Kiwis fly - CycleBlaze

The Waiting Place

"Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No, or waiting for their hair to grow.

Everyone is just waiting."

Dr Seuss gets it. Waiting is tedious.

To make matters worse, spring has sprung in the southern hemisphere. Daffodils gently mock me as I walk to the letterbox. The problem with such floral frolicking is that, as sharp readers will know, the northern hemisphere is ever closer to drawing the curtains and dimming the lights. Winter is coming. . . 

Snickering daffies
Heart 1 Comment 0

Our late departure for Europe is to accommodate  a trip to China in mid-October. At the time of booking flights, it made sense to me to tag the Great Wall adventure onto our European excursion. Remember, we're Downunder, which is  a LONG way from anywhere with a foreign accent.

In anticipation of its immersion in French and German, my Giant Rove carries a greeting in Māori. Literally, kia ora wishes the recipient good health. In reality, this is a greeting of welcome heard everywhere, every day, in Aotearoa, the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Rove is ready for foreign roads
Heart 3 Comment 0

A bientôt, France 💙

Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 0